archiva-users mailing list archives

From Jeff <predato...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Index help...
Date Mon, 04 Feb 2013 17:40:03 GMT
I'm now trying to switch up the index directories on my repositories and am
banging my head.  I've simply removed the "Index Directory" setting on my
repos and I see the .indexer folder getting created.  Which is good.

However, according to
http://archiva.apache.org/docs/1.4-M3/adminguide/repositories.html, it
states:

*Another directory named .index is also created at the root of the
repository directory. This is not configurable though as it contains the
packaged/bundled index which is consumed by different consumers of the
index such as M2Eclipse. *

However, it is NOT getting created.  I've restarted tomcat, I've forced a
full index scan on every repository as well as a Directory scan.

The above statement also lead me to believe that regardless of the location
of ".indexer" that ".index" would still get created at the root but it
isn't.

On one repository I tried setting "Index Directory" to ".index", but I get
an error that it can't create "/usr/share/tomcat6/.index".

Thanks for any additional direction...

On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 8:47 AM, Jeff <predatorvi@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't *yet* have a need, but our user base is growing and so is our
> CI/CD pipeline (number of GO and Jenkins build agents/slaves) and I wanted
> to plan ahead.  I am trying to find the document that talked about keeping
> indexes local while allowing a shared repo, but I have been unsuccessful
> thus far.  Maybe I dreamed it up.  :-)
>
> Thanks for your help.
>

> On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 2:56 AM, Olivier Lamy <olamy@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> complicated to have scabality when serving files :-(
>> we don't (yet) any sync possible (that's something we start discussing
>> on dev@ with maybe using new Apache project called helix).
>> With your setup each repository will be independent.
>> Do you have so many users to need that ?
>>
>> 2013/2/2 Jeff <predatorvi@gmail.com>:
>> > I will do that.
>> >
>> > However, how do I configure the repository to support the previously
>> > mentioned horizontal scaling with a shared repository?

>> https://archiva-repository.apache.org/archiva/repository/snapshots/.indexer

>>  That's

>> there is

>> to the