archiva-users mailing list archives

From Jeff <predato...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Index help...
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2013 18:35:33 GMT
I'm not sure what you mean by "why you don't access to indexes via http"...

When I setup Archiva running in Tomcat 6 under CentOS 6.2 Linux, I have the
folder structure below:

/archiva
   /conf
   /data
   /derbydb
   /logs

I think the only thing that is not standard is the 'indexes' directory.  I
was trying to setup Archiva and anticipate possibly needing to scale
horizontally by adding multiple front end servers behind our load balancer.
  I read somewhere (I thought) that the indexes are specific to each front
end server, but that the repository data could be shared, so I mounted the
/archiva/data folder as a remote NFS mount.  The rest of the folders above
are located physically on the archiva server.

For each repository, the index folder is set to something like:

/archiva/indexes/team1-releases
/archiva/indexes/team1-snapshots

But my understanding is that these indexes are the internal Archiva
indexes, not the publicly consumable indexes.  Nowhere in the
/archiva/data/repositories/team1-releases or other repositories are there
any .index folders.

I also have a single repository group that proxies all internal and
externally proxied repositories under a single virtual repository and there
are no indexes consolidated under that repository group either which is
what I thought was added in 1.4-M2 (the ability to consolidate indexes).

Inside of /archiva/indexes, each repository index does have a bunch of
files that look like:

_7.fdt
_7.fdx
nexux-maven-reposotory-index.6948.gz
nexux-maven-reposotory-index.6949.gz
nexux-maven-reposotory-index.6950.gz
nexux-maven-reposotory-index.6951.gz

So something is generating these (I assume correctly).

Also in each repository, the setting named "Skip Packed Index creation" is
NOT checked.

Hopefully that clarifies things and we can work this out and get it
addressed as needed for 1.4-M4 :-).