archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Leitch, Oblio" <Oblio.Lei...@state.vt.us>
Subject RE: assistance getting Archiva standalone to use Postgres
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2013 13:03:00 GMT
Yes!  That seems to have worked.  Particularly since I had testOnBorrow=true from the default
settings from install.  I'll keep plugging, but at least it's prompting for a admin user!

Many thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Olivier Lamy [mailto:olamy@apache.org]
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 4:04 AM
To: users@archiva.apache.org
Subject: Re: assistance getting Archiva standalone to use Postgres

Did you try last suggested workaround from
http://jira.springsource.org/browse/SPR-8870 "If you remove the connection validation from
the pool configuration" ?

in $ARCHIVA_BASE/conf/jetty.xml inside <New class="org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.DataSource">
change/add
<Set name="testOnBorrow">false</Set>
<Set name="testOnReturn">false</Set>

2013/1/18 Leitch, Oblio <Oblio.Leitch@state.vt.us>:
> Ok, I tried that, but I got:
>
> java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "READ_COMMITTED"
>
> So I used the Int value 2 from
> http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/constant-values.html#java.sql
> .Connection.TRANSACTION_NONE
>
> But, it's still causing the same error:
>
> org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: Cannot change transaction isolation level in the middle
of a transaction.

> After more searching, I found that this could be an issue with Spring:
>
> http://jira.springsource.org/browse/SPR-8870
>
> One person seems to think that it's fixed (http://youtrack.jetbrains.com/issue/TW-18517);
I've asked for their reference.

--