archiva-users mailing list archives

From Jesse Farinacci <jie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Archiva 1.4-M3 needs restart frequently
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2012 02:05:44 GMT
Greetings,

On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 8:20 PM, Brett Porter <brett@apache.org> wrote:
> Is 502 from Archiva itself, or a reverse proxy you have in front of it?
>
> Anything in the Archiva logs at that time? Perhaps you can use the "dump" function of
the service wrapper to get a thread dump that might show any information about why it doesn't
respond.

The 502 is from Archiva itself.

logs/archiva.log:2012-11-06 16:41:05,452 [qtp1145832897-27] WARN
org.apache.archiva.proxy.DefaultRepositoryProxyConnectors [] -
Transfer error from repository
"remote-repository-external-codehaus-staged" for resource
com/acme/groupId/artifactId/1-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml.sha1,
continuing to next repository. Error message: Download failure on
resource [https://nexus.codehaus.org/content/groups/staging//com/acme/groupId/artifactId/1-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml.sha1]:Failed
to transfer file:
https://nexus.codehaus.org/content/groups/staging/com/acme/groupId/artifactId/1-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml.sha1.
Return code is: 502, ReasonPhrase:Bad Gateway.

So perhaps this isn't exactly an Archiva problem, however, I am pretty
sure that I had blacklisted all my remote-repository-external-* from
my com/acme/* artifacts. Is there detailed documentation, and test
cases, that this is working properly in 1.4?

-Jesse