archiva-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Archiva 1.4-M3 needs restart frequently
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2012 00:42:12 GMT
Hi Jesse,

On 07/11/2012, at 1:05 PM, Jesse Farinacci <jieryn@gmail.com> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> On Tue, Nov 6, 2012 at 8:20 PM, Brett Porter <brett@apache.org> wrote:
>> Is 502 from Archiva itself, or a reverse proxy you have in front of it?
>>
>> Anything in the Archiva logs at that time? Perhaps you can use the "dump" function
of the service wrapper to get a thread dump that might show any information about why it doesn't
respond.

> The 502 is from Archiva itself.
>
> logs/archiva.log:2012-11-06 16:41:05,452 [qtp1145832897-27] WARN
> org.apache.archiva.proxy.DefaultRepositoryProxyConnectors [] -
> Transfer error from repository
> "remote-repository-external-codehaus-staged" for resource
> com/acme/groupId/artifactId/1-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml.sha1,
> continuing to next repository. Error message: Download failure on
> resource [https://nexus.codehaus.org/content/groups/staging//com/acme/groupId/artifactId/1-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml.sha1]:Failed
> to transfer file:
> https://nexus.codehaus.org/content/groups/staging/com/acme/groupId/artifactId/1-SNAPSHOT/maven-metadata.xml.sha1.
> Return code is: 502, ReasonPhrase:Bad Gateway.
>
> So perhaps this isn't exactly an Archiva problem, however, I am pretty
> sure that I had blacklisted all my remote-repository-external-* from
> my com/acme/* artifacts. Is there detailed documentation, and test
> cases, that this is working properly in 1.4?

Ok, that's quite different from what I understood :) It looks like nexus.codehaus.org was
down at that time, but it's back up now.

To your question about black/whitelisting - are you able to paste the relevant proxyConnector
section for remote-repository-external-codehaus-staged from your archiva.xml?

Thanks,
Brett