archiva-users mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Upgrading to 1.4-M3 questions (MRM-1643 issue)
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2012 08:57:51 GMT
Hi,

2012/10/15 Julien Béti <julien.beti@cosium.com>:
> Hello,
>
> I have installed Archiva 1.3.5 on Debian Squeeze using Tomcat 6.0.35 and
> PostgreSQL 9.1, and I'm facing the issue reported ad MRM-1643 Error 500 when
> browsing artefact group [1].
>
> The solution would be to move to version 1.4-M3, but I has this Maven
> Repository is to be used in a production environment, I would like to ask
> few questions:
>
> - Is the LDAP support have been successfully tested yet? Looking at the
> current version of the "./WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml" file, the LDAP
> support seem to haven't been fully migrated (see TODO comment of Olivier
> Lamy).
LDAP support works as with previous version :-) (TODO is for adding
more test it's more a TODO for me :-) but it's already tested in
redback core). One of my goal is to improve/easy LDAP support for next
versions.

I think some users reported issues with active directory (hard for me
to test with env I have :-) )

> - Do you think the upgrade from 1.4-M3 and later preview version to the
> official one would be fully supported, or is there a major risk of painful
> upgrade?
Frankly, I don't see a lot of risks except better performance and a
better ui :-)

> - The 1.3.x version used to use 2 databases: one for users and one for
> artefacts. Browsing the 1.4-M3 documentation, the artifacts database is
> obviously gone [2]. If true, where the artefacts information is now stored?
By default we use now jcr (ie jackrabbit)
> When upgrading from 1.3.x to 1.4-M3, is the current artefacts information
> kept?
Except if you add some custom metadatas to some artifacts ( the other
part will be rebuilt)

> - Finally, do you have an idea when the official 1.4 release will be out? I
> imagine that's a very frequent question, but I' haven't found the
> information on the website nor on Jira, sorry if I missed it ;-)
The qualifier is probably a "marketing" naming :-). My company use it
in production and distribute it with their products (no issue has been
reported)

--
Olivier Lamy
Talend: http://coders.talend.com