archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Stallard,David" <stall...@oclc.org>
Subject Error 500 -- Too Many Open Files?
Date Wed, 17 Oct 2012 14:44:16 GMT
We just ran into this error today with Archiva 1.3.5.  I found the
following Jira which notes this was a problem fixed in 1.3.3, but the
follow-up comments show others still having the problem in 1.3.4 and
1.3.5:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-1097

I also noticed that this Jira is referenced in the release notes of
1.3.5 as a resolved bug.

We fixed it by bouncing Archiva, which was the first time it has been
bounced since May 2012, so hopefully that means it will take some time
before we hit the limit again (although usage of this instance is
increasing rapidly).

Is there any known fix/workaround?  The ticket mentions a few ways to
raise limits, but it doesn't sound as if any of those worked.

Thanks,
David