archiva-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 1.4-M3 -- YAY!!!
Date Tue, 09 Oct 2012 05:37:51 GMT

On 09/10/2012, at 4:04 PM, Jeff <predatorvi@gmail.com> wrote:

> Okay, I copied the database to my system (host is headless Linux),
> installed latest SquirrelSQL client copied the password field from another
> user that I remembered and was able to log in.
>
> THANK YOU!
>
> However, when I attempt to change the password, it tells me:
>
> Password provided does not match existing.
>
> I can log out and log in still using the password I copied but all attempts
> to change it result in this error...unless I pick a password I've used
> previously.
>
> Also, I don't want service accounts (users) that are used specifically for
> our deployment scripts to have to change the password.
>
> My archiva installation/configuration is at /archiva/conf.  I created a
> security.properties file there and have the following settings but it still
> says the user requires a password change if I attempt to log in or if I
> "Manage" the users, the 3 service account users show that the "Force
> password change" is enabled but the setting won't stick if I change it.

I wonder if these could be bugs in the new UI? Obviously some significant changes there and
something might have crept through. You could always point 1.4-M2 or earlier at the users
database and see if it acts as expected... or file a bug regardless.

I'd add the deployment user to the unlockable accounts, which will avoid the issue of password
change over time (but not help with the forced password change).

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org