archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Harris, Christopher P" <chris_har...@baxter.com>
Subject Cannot download SNAPSHOT from Archiva when listed as dependency
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2012 23:23:49 GMT
Hi,

I've done several hours worth of searching and experimenting for a resolution to this problem
with no luck:
I've created an managed repo to house in-house snapshots along with some special 3rd-party
snapshots.  I cannot download 2 3rd-party snapshots.

I get these 2 error messages:
The POM for org.apache.myfaces.tomahawk:tomahawk12:jar:1.1.14-SNAPSHOT is missing, no dependency
information available
The POM for org.apache.myfaces.tomahawk:tomahawk-sandbox12:jar:1.1.14-SNAPSHOT is missing,
no dependency information available

My settings.xml:

<mirror>
      <id>some_id</id>
      <url>http://localhost:8083/archiva/repository/repo_group_name/</url>
      <mirrorOf>*</mirrorOf>
</mirror>

I've tried adding an active-by-default profile to my snapshots repo, but that didn't work.

To upload the .jar & .pom files, I've copied them from my local Maven repo to my C:\ and
then uploaded the snapshots via command prompt:

C:\>mvn deploy:deploy-file -Dfile=tomahawk12-1.1.14-SNAPSHOT.jar -DpomFile=tomah
awk12-1.1.14-SNAPSHOT.pom -DrepositoryId=repo-snapshots -Durl=http://localhos
t:8083/archiva/repository/repo-snapshots/ -DuniqueVersion=false -DupdateRelea
seInfo=true

Note that deploy:deploy-file only works using artifacts not in my local Maven repo.  That's
why I move them to C:\

I originally tried uploading without uniqueVersion and updateReleaseInfo.  No luck either.

I opened up a simple tester project in NetBeans and added these 2 dependencies.  Sure enough,
when I type in <version></version> and hit Ctrl + the space bar, I see 1.1.14-SNAPSHOT
listed as a hint.  I can also access the pom and jar in Archiva from my browser.

How can I download snapshot dependencies from Archiva?

-    Chris Harris

The information transmitted is intended only for the person(s)or entity to which it is addressed
and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged material. Delivery of this message
to any person other than the intended recipient(s) is not intended in any way to waive privilege
or confidentiality. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of , or taking
of any action in reliance upon, this information by entities other than the intended recipient
is prohibited. If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material
from any computer.

For Translation:

http://www.baxter.com/email_disclaimer