archiva-users mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cannot get Archiva to create tables in 'archiva' database in MySQL 5.5
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2012 19:12:24 GMT
2012/8/30 Harris, Christopher P <chris_harris@baxter.com>:
> Ah, great!
>
> Thanks, Brett!  I'll check out JackRabbit today.  I'll probably configure its repository.xml
to point to one of those 2 databases.  Don't sweat it about the flat file storage mechanism.
 I know 1.4 hasn't hit GA/Final/Release status.  I knew that there were some big changes in
1.4, so I figured I'd dive into 1.4 now and deal with any required tinkering instead of setting
up an infrastructure that would have to change relatively soon afterward.
Note that will maybe less performant (I don't know exactly how sql
storage is implemented if that's async or not)
If you could give us some feedback that will be great :-)

> - Chris

to specifics, but I just trying to get a general understanding of what those options are.

> We have a lightweight flat file storage mechanism that can be used - it uses less memory,
but can query slower in some cases. It would need a bit more work to be production ready.

> It is also possible to reconfigure Jackrabbit to use MySQL and Postgres, using it's conventional
repository.xml configuration file. That's something we're likely to document more as part
of the release.

> - Brett
>
> The information transmitted is intended only for the person(s)or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged material. Delivery of this
message to any person other than the intended recipient(s) is not intended in any way to waive
privilege or confidentiality. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of ,
or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by entities other than the intended
recipient is prohibited. If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete
the material from any computer.

--
Olivier Lamy
Talend: http://coders.talend.com