archiva-users mailing list archives

From Aris Green <aris.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject HTTP 500 error when access remote repositories
Date Thu, 23 Aug 2012 04:48:59 GMT
I am just learning how to use Archiva.  I have it install on a Windows
machine.  When I insert the following URL:

http://localhost:8082/archiva/repository/internal/junit/junit/3.8.1/junit-3.8.1.jar

from the quickstart guide, I get the following:

HTTP ERROR 500

Problem accessing
/archiva/repository/internal/junit/junit/3.8.1/junit-3.8.1.jar. Reason:

    Illegal character in path at index 40:
http://repository.jboss.com/maven2/junit\junit\3.8.1\junit-3.8.1.pom

Caused by:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal character in path at index
40: http://repository.jboss.com/maven2/junit\junit\3.8.1\junit-3.8.1.pom
	at java.net.URI.create(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.http.client.methods.HttpGet.<init>(HttpGet.java:69)
	at org.apache.maven.wagon.shared.http.AbstractHttpClientWagon.fillInputData(AbstractHttpClientWagon.java:774)

. . .

I assume that this is a bug as mentioned in the following post:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/archiva-users/201203.mbox/%3C3BB4E733-C867-4665-825D-3F7B1BE6FD1A@apache.org%3E

Has this been fixed.

Thanks
Aris Green