archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Harris, Christopher P" <chris_har...@baxter.com>
Subject RE: Cannot get Archiva to create tables in 'archiva' database in MySQL 5.5
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2012 15:05:25 GMT
Ah, great!

Thanks, Brett!  I'll check out JackRabbit today.  I'll probably configure its repository.xml
to point to one of those 2 databases.  Don't sweat it about the flat file storage mechanism.
 I know 1.4 hasn't hit GA/Final/Release status.  I knew that there were some big changes in
1.4, so I figured I'd dive into 1.4 now and deal with any required tinkering instead of setting
up an infrastructure that would have to change relatively soon afterward.

- Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Brett Porter [mailto:brett@porterclan.net] On Behalf Of Brett Porter
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 7:50 PM
To: users@archiva.apache.org
Subject: Re: Cannot get Archiva to create tables in 'archiva' database in MySQL 5.5

On 29/08/2012, at 6:30 PM, "Harris, Christopher P" <chris_harris@baxter.com> wrote:

> Thanks, Brett.
>
> Just curious, can you expand on "other options"?  I don't need my hand held in regard
to specifics, but I just trying to get a general understanding of what those options are.

We have a lightweight flat file storage mechanism that can be used - it uses less memory,
but can query slower in some cases. It would need a bit more work to be production ready.

It is also possible to reconfigure Jackrabbit to use MySQL and Postgres, using it's conventional
repository.xml configuration file. That's something we're likely to document more as part
of the release.

- Brett

The information transmitted is intended only for the person(s)or entity to which it is addressed
and may contain confidential and/or legally privileged material. Delivery of this message
to any person other than the intended recipient(s) is not intended in any way to waive privilege
or confidentiality. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of , or taking
of any action in reliance upon, this information by entities other than the intended recipient
is prohibited. If you receive this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material
from any computer.

For Translation:

http://www.baxter.com/email_disclaimer