archiva-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cannot get Archiva to create tables in 'archiva' database in MySQL 5.5
Date Thu, 30 Aug 2012 00:49:46 GMT

On 29/08/2012, at 6:30 PM, "Harris, Christopher P" <chris_harris@baxter.com> wrote:

> Thanks, Brett.
>
> Just curious, can you expand on "other options"?  I don't need my hand held in regard
to specifics, but I just trying to get a general understanding of what those options are.

We have a lightweight flat file storage mechanism that can be used - it uses less memory,
but can query slower in some cases. It would need a bit more work to be production ready.

It is also possible to reconfigure Jackrabbit to use MySQL and Postgres, using it's conventional
repository.xml configuration file. That's something we're likely to document more as part
of the release.

- Brett