archiva-users mailing list archives

From Jaime DaRosa <jdarosa2...@hotmail.com>
Subject downloading maven 1.x legacy layout \ejbs artifacts into maven 3 repository
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2012 13:14:39 GMT
I read that I could use a repository manager such as nexus or archiva to download artifacts
from a maven 1.x repository to a maven 3 repository, and for the most part I can.  The only
issue is that jar artifacts of <type>ejb</type> (which can be stored under the
maven 1.x repository layout of groupId\ejbs, instead of groupId\jars) cannot be downloaded
through the proxy 1.x repository I set up in Archiva.

It appears that Archiva and Nexus both have the same problem where they cannot cannot find
jar files in the \ejbs legacy directory. I understand that maven 3 doesn't support the 1.x
legacy layout but this page seems to imply that I could use a repository manager:

http://maven.apache.org/repository-management.html

Is it just not possible to fetch the dependencies from the legacy \ejbs layout into maven
3?

Thanks,
Jaime