archiva-users mailing list archives

From Charles Kim <charl...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject RE: archetype-catalog.xml failing with Not a valid artifact path
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2012 17:50:37 GMT
I created a ticket with a patch. Thanks!
https://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-1645

-----Original Message-----
From: Charles Kim [mailto:charlesk@yahoo-inc.com]
Sent: Monday, July 16, 2012 3:57 PM
To: users@archiva.apache.org
Subject: archetype-catalog.xml failing with Not a valid artifact path

Hi,
"mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeCatalog=http://host:9999/repository/public/foo/maven_archetypes"
will append the archetype-catalog.xml and it should fetch the list of archetypes.  However,
this is failing on Archiva where an exception is thrown with "java.lang.IllegalArgumentException:
Not a valid artifact path in a Maven 2 repository, filename 'archetype-catalog.xml' doesn't
start with artifact ID" since Archiva is treating this as an artifact.

I think there needs to be a check for such case similar to metadata file for an archetype
catalog so that it doesn't try to check for valid artifact format.  I can create a ticket
and submit a patch for this.
Thanks.
-Charlie