archiva-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Limit memory usage for Archiva
Date Wed, 30 May 2012 04:08:42 GMT

On 30/05/2012, at 1:03 PM, Erwin Mueller wrote:

> Thank you for your answers,
>
> So trimming down of Archiva is not an option? Is all indexing done in memory? I would
think that the index is saved on disk and loaded on demand?

The indexing is done incrementally, but a full scan or frequent uploads does create a queue
that will consume memory for a period of time, as do individual requests. If you have low
traffic, you can probably get away with less and reduce the heap size, but the lower you go
there's a chance that garbage collection will slow down normal operation. You can look at
the system status page to see if your memory use is reaching the limit. You can still trim
it down using the techniques I've described as well.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org