archiva-users mailing list archives

From Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Getting IDE to see Archiva index...
Date Fri, 13 Apr 2012 23:33:56 GMT
2012/4/14 Jeff <predatorvi@gmail.com>:
> Okay, I'm running 1.4-M2...yay!  The browser shows my artifacts
> now....double yay!  Couple of questions:
>
> 1) I don't see where to configure the index merging.  I see a "Merge"
> button on my "internal" repository.  Is there supposed to be a setting
> somewhere?
wdym with merging ? (it's automatic for group and made on request)
Merge is when using staging repo feature.

>    1a) If I select "Activate download remote index" must I specify the
> "Remote index url, ..." or "Directory index storage" location or will it
> automatically look for/pick a default location?
yes specify remote index url. (by default its url/.index ) storage
will be automatic too.

> 2) Still trying to grasp the group concept...is it intended for grouping by
> type (release vs. snapshot) or does it matter?
no group/merge on the fly you repositories.

> 3) Regarding "Delete Released Snapshots" in the repository admin:
>
> I have two different repositories (snapshot and internal).  Snapshot
> contains only snapshots, internal contains releases and stores 3rd party
> artifacts from external/proxied repos.
> If select "Delete Released Snapshots" in my "snapshot" repository, does it
> know when I release something to the "internal" release repo or vice versa
> or is the setting specific to only that repository?
Normally (except bugs :-)) that must delete snapshot you have released
to internal.