archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Caldwell, James" <James.Caldw...@disney.com>
Subject Issues with Archiva
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2012 19:19:52 GMT
Hi all...I'm having 3 issues that I have been bashing my head against for about a week with
no success. Does anyone have any ideas?

1)      Archiva is searching for artifacts that are internal to the system on external repositories
a.      There are a series of artifacts that appear to be spread all over that I see on the
file system, that are shown as indexed, but for some reason archiva is reaching to outside
repositories where the artifacts do not exist. Any ideas?
2)      Problem with maven-metadata.xml files
a.      There is a massive slowness in downloading these files it appears. Maven builds are
timing out when downloading this one type of file (across all artifacts) from Archiva. Additionally...it
also seems to be effected by problem #1 where I see it going outside to an external repository
where they do not exist.
3)      Unable to download artifacts from external repositories -
a.      When Archiva reaches out to download artifacts from external resources, the download
fails. There is a large time out per repository, when I attempt to duplicate on the Archiva
server, the object returns instantly. In the logs I get a:
2012-02-28 11:01:27,385 [btpool0-8] ERROR org.apache.maven.archiva.webdav.ArchivaDavResourceFactory
 - Failures occurred downloading from some remote repositories:
        central: Download failure on resource [http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=/commons-logging/commons-logging/1.1.2-SNAPSHOT/commons-logging-1.1.2-20110824.154750-2.pom]:Error
transferring file: Connection timed out: connect (cause: java.net.ConnectException: Connection
timed out: connect)
        maven2-repository.dev.java.net: Download failure on resource [http://download.java.net/maven/2/commons-logging/commons-logging/1.1.2-SNAPSHOT/commons-logging-1.1.2-20110824.154750-2.pom]:Error
        spring-releases: Download failure on resource [http://maven.springframework.org/release/commons-logging/commons-logging/1.1.2-SNAPSHOT/commons-logging-1.1.2-20110824.154750-2.pom]:Error
        spring-release: Download failure on resource [http://repo.springsource.org/libs-release/commons-logging/commons-logging/1.1.2-SNAPSHOT/commons-logging-1.1.2-20110824.154750-2.pom]:Error
        spring-milestone: Download failure on resource [http://maven.springframework.org/milestone//commons-logging/commons-logging/1.1.2-SNAPSHOT/commons-logging-1.1.2-20110824.154750-2.pom]:Error
transferring file: Connection timed out: connect (cause: java.net.ConnectException: Connection
timed out: connect)
org.apache.maven.archiva.policies.ProxyDownloadException: Failures occurred downloading from
some remote repositories:

Environment details - Win2k8, Java 1.6.0_22, Archiva 1.3.5

Let me know thoughts. Thanks,

J. Caldwell
Senior Sustainment Engineer - Central Engineering
Disney Technology Solutions and Services
925 Fourth Avenue, Suite 1600 | Seattle, WA 98104
*: 206.664.4445  | *: james.caldwell@disney.com<mailto:james.caldwell@disney.com>