archiva-users mailing list archives

From Harish Sharma <hari...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Fwd: How to Modify archiva to host artifacts from a new local storage !!
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2012 08:50:30 GMT

Hi,
Does anyone know when maven make a query for an artifact which class or part of  archiva code
servers this  request.( i am hosting a  archiva  repository)
e.g suppose in my pom there is dependency for junit then junit is fetched from central and
stored in local repository so which class does this fetching part.
Also can you tell me what is the data structure used in this operation.From what i understand
it is "ArchivaArtifact" .

T&R
Harish Sharma

Begin forwarded message:

From: Harish Sharma <harishs@yahoo-inc.com<mailto:harishs@yahoo-inc.com>>
Date: January 24, 2012 12:00:27 PM GMT+05:30
To: "users@archiva.apache.org<mailto:users@archiva.apache.org>" <users@archiva.apache.org<mailto:users@archiva.apache.org>>
Subject: How to Modify archiva to host artifacts from a new local storage !!

Hi,
I have some artifacts ( local packages ) that are stored inside local store  of my company.
I want archiva to fetch them as it fetches artifacts from other repositories like maven central.
My local artifacts follow a certain nomenclature and i am looking for the class in archiva
code that actually is responsible for fetching artifacts from remote repositories.
It would be great if you could point me to that class that actually fetches artifacts from
managed or remote repositories.
I am thinking of modifying that class to make sure that whenever the requested artifact matches
my local artifact name then  fetch it from  my storage.
Any suggestions are welcome and deeply appreciated .

T&R
Harish Sharma