archiva-users mailing list archives

From madhu phatak <phatak....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Repository indexing not working
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2011 18:57:15 GMT
sent from nexus s
On Nov 16, 2011 12:21 AM, "Brett Porter" <brett@apache.org> wrote:

> On 15/11/2011, at 10:31 AM, madhu phatak wrote:
>
> > Thanks for quick replies :)
> >
> > On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 11:47 PM, Brett Porter <brett@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> >> I'd recommend upgrading to 1.3.5, even though it may not impact this
> >> particular problem.
> >>
> >> Either way, the DB is the one that is missing information. The best
course
> >> is to go to the repositories page, check "Process All Artifacts" and
press
> >> "Scan Repository Now". This will force everything to be scanned.
> >>
> >   I tried this but nothing changed
> >

> > If things are still missing, there are other possibilities:
> >> - the artefacts you want scanned are not included in the artefacts
list on
> >> the repository scanning configuration page
> >>
> >      U mean the patterns?
>
> Yes, that's right.
>

> >> - old versions of the snapshots are actually being purged (I didn't
think
> >> that's what you meant, but it's worth noting)
> >
> >     If they are purged corresponding jar or pom should not be there
> > in file system right? I can see the jars in filesystem but when i browse
> > repo through browser it doesn't show many artifacts
> >

> Correct.
>

> >> You can look in the logs for more details on what eventually gets
scanned
> >> as well.
> >>

> > I try to see in archiva.log but it doesnot give much info on whats
> > going.Should i see somewhere else?
> >

> There is a summary at the end with a number of files - I'd hoped that
would give you a comparison. There should also be any warnings or errors
that occur during the scan.
Yeah it says around 350 files but there are over 1000 jars

> If that's not helping, try increasing the logging level to debug in the
log4j.xml and scan again. That should give lots of information on
individual files.

> Another option is to stop, delete the archiva database, and start again -
that would clear any bad state. Not sure if you tried that already.
I deleted the DB files but its same