archiva-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: NAT question re: cloud hosting
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2011 01:33:22 GMT
Yes, we do some hosted environments on there. The main thing to keep in mind is that the IP
can change if you stop it. You'll need to consider how you do DNS appropriately.

I presume you're already versed in how to handle which repository data you will want locally
vs. EBS, etc... those choices will impact the cost quite a bit.

- Brett

On 01/11/2011, at 11:49 AM, Chris Mylonas wrote:

> Hi Archiva Users,
>
> I haven't used archiva for nearly 4 months due to workload and I'd like to get back into
using it to help with testing and my own project needs.
> I initially tested an install on Rackspace Cloud which ran nicely, but the Amazon (AWS)
service provides more RAM and is cheaper (because I have a couple reserved instances)

> Rackspace = Public IP address      vs     AWS = private IP address with NAT-ing for a
public IP address (i.e. the public address does not live on the server)

> I will eventually (this week) test with AWS, but to expedite I ask:  does anyone host
their archiva on AWS with an elastic (public) IP?

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org