archiva-users mailing list archives

From Mickael Marrache <Mickael.Marra...@xconnect.net>
Subject RE: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError on 1.4-M1?
Date Sun, 27 Nov 2011 12:14:08 GMT
I finally found what the problem was. It seems that the undeploy I've done of the previous
version (1.3.5) is not enough, so I deleted the content of the data directory (I precise that
I was using Archiva only for testing, for now).

My conclusion is that it's better to start from a clean Tomcat installation. The repositories
content and the databases (not the archiva database if upgrading to 1.4) must be saved before
the reinstallation.

Mickael

-----Original Message-----
From: Mickael Marrache [mailto:Mickael.Marrache@xconnect.net]
Sent: Sunday, November 27, 2011 12:45 PM
To: users@archiva.apache.org
Subject: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError on 1.4-M1?

Hi,

I just saw there was a new milestone version of Archiva. I've installed it following the user
guide.
Archiva is deployed but when I access the home page "Create admin user", I only see the upper
part of the page (where there are the login and register links and the Search for textbox)
but the rest is empty.
I take a look at the log, and I see the following exception:

Java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/maven/archiva/web/startup/ArchivaVersion

The exception is repeated periodically ( I can see this in the log file).

Thanks