archiva-users mailing list archives

From Vamshidhar Ch <vamshidhar.chebur...@tcs.com>
Subject Re: artifact not showing up in the repository group
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2011 08:35:44 GMT

Hii Brett,

I had the serverId element in the settings.xml file.

<server>
  <id>archiva</id>
   <username>admin</username>
   <password>Tcs@1234</password>
</server>

and a mirror like this:

<mirror>
   <id>archiva</id>

<url>http://172.16.70.125:9090/archiva/repository/Internal-Snapshots</url>
   <mirrorOf>*</mirrorOf>
 </mirror>

Now this is directly pointing to my snapshot repo in the archiva. And I also
configured the pluginRepository in my pom.xml file.

<pluginRepositories>
  <pluginRepository>
  <id>archiva</id>
  <url>http://172.16.70.125:9090/archiva/repository/Internal-Snapshots</url>
  </pluginRepository>
  </pluginRepositories>

Error I got:

[INFO] Searching repository for plugin with prefix: 'exa'.
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-exa-plugin' does not exist
or no valid version could be found
[INFO]

My observation:

I can see the plug-in clearly in my snapsot repository but I cant see it in
the repository group I confgured. I cant figure out the reason for this.
Though I did the scanning for repo and database.

Can you please clear me the following question on maven:

Now that I have configured a mirror in my settings as shown above to go
through everything into Archiva. But how does maven behave if there are some
other remote repositories  pointing to diffrent URL's in my pom.xml. Will
maven directly get there or will it go through the Archiva as defined in the
settings.xml file??

I even tried directly pointing to the archiva repository URL's instead of
teh repository group but still I cant teh download the plug-ins.

Waiting for your reply and Thanks for your response too.