archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Stallard,David" <stall...@oclc.org>
Subject RE: 100% CPU in Archiva 1.3.5
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2011 13:23:58 GMT
To follow up on my previous message...you mentioned that frequent
deployments could create the backlog.  We do have a build server which
is constantly doing builds of many different products, and each build
uploads snapshots to Archiva, so my guess would be that maybe we had a
period of heavier than normal builds so that Archiva was inundated with
new snapshots to index.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stallard,David
Sent: Thursday, October 27, 2011 9:17 AM
To: 'users@archiva.apache.org'
Subject: RE: 100% CPU in Archiva 1.3.5

Thanks, Brett.  This morning our indexing queue is around 19,000 instead
of 135,000, so it must be getting close to catching up with the
indexing.  I'm not sure how we got to having such a huge backlog; we
pinpointed the day and hour that the CPU usage suddenly increased, and
in the logs it doesn't look like we had a lot of new files uploaded
around that particular time.  Maybe at some point the indexing stopped
for some reason and then later it started up again?  I don't even know
if that's possible, just thinking aloud.