archiva-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How can I easily to deploy jar into Archiva Without Maven
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2011 08:17:53 GMT
Perhaps your server has a proxy in front adjusting the URL. Does your browser have a window
(firebug in firefox, or the chrome/safari developer extensions) where you can view the contents
of the requests being made during the redirects?

- Brett

On 26/09/2011, at 4:38 PM, Gang Liu wrote:

> Hi All:
>
> Sometimes, when I'm tring to upload a jar file into repository, I'll always get an error
message: Server redirected too many times (20)

> It seems it is failed to authenticate the userName and password.
>
> Is there anybody can give me some helps about this?
>
> Thanks.
> Best Regards
> Gang.Liu
> Beijing Talend
> Skype:  gang.liu.talendbj

files, for example, the pom.xml, *.sha1, *.md5, and update Maven-metadata.xml, right?

>> There's any way to make these can be done from Archiva side?
>
> You're able to just push those files over HTTP - there's no need for another "REST" action
for that.

> Archiva will generate the .sha1, .md5 and maven-metadata.xml files if you have that setting
turned on in the consumers page (create missing checksums and update metadata).

> To do a generated POM more like the upload form, that's where a separate service might
be useful - though it's not very hard to come up with a generated POM file to push on your
end either - if you do an upload on the Archiva form you'll see the format it expects.

> - Brett
>
> --
> Brett Porter
> brett@apache.org
> http://brettporter.wordpress.com/
> http://au.linkedin.com/in/brettporter
>

> This message and any attachment (the "message") is intended solely for the addressees
and is confidential. If you receive this message by mistake, please delete it and notify the
sender immediately. Any use not in accordance with its purpose, any out-spread or disclosure,
either as a whole or partially, is prohibited except with formal approval. Internet cannot
guarantee the integrity of this message, therefore Talend will not be liable for the message
if modified.