archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Chandrasekaran G (RBEI/ETT4)" <Chandrasekara...@in.bosch.com>
Subject RE: FW: Steps to Install Archva 1.3.5 (with default database)on tomcat 6.0.33 (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-1523)
Date Mon, 26 Sep 2011 08:41:38 GMT
Hi,

still I am getting same error. Please see the archive error log attached.

Thank you.
 Best regards
G Chandrasekaran

-----Original Message-----
From: odeaching@gmail.com [mailto:odeaching@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Deng Ching
Sent: Monday, 26. September 2011 1:36 PM
To: users@archiva.apache.org
Subject: Re: FW: Steps to Install Archva 1.3.5 (with default database)on tomcat 6.0.33 (http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-1523)

On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 3:03 PM, Chandrasekaran G (RBEI/ETT4) <
Chandrasekaran.G@in.bosch.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> 1) If I tried to start archiva using " Tomcat Web Application Manager ", I
> am getting below error
>  " FAIL - Application at context path /archiva could not be started "

It looks correct..

> 2) Could you please let me know.
>  Is the content of  archiva.xml file is ok?.
>  Is the Database URL path is correct?
>   since I simply add this path and there is no folder in the name of
> "database" under " C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0"
> folder.

You can either create the "database" directory OR put your database in a
different directory outside the Tomcat installation. In the second case,
you'd need to change the database URL path in archiva.xml

> 3) do I need to set any environment varibale ?
>
> Please let me know. Thanks in advance.
>
> > <Context path="/archiva"
> >          docBase="${catalina.home}/archiva/apache-archiva-1.3.5.war">
> >
> >  <Resource name="jdbc/users" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
> >           username="sa"
> >           password=""
> >           driverClassName="org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver"
> >            url="jdbc:derby:${catalina.home}/database/users;create=true"
> />
> >
> >  <Resource name="jdbc/archiva" auth="Container"
> type="javax.sql.DataSource"
> >           username="sa"
> >           password=""
> >           driverClassName="org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver"
> >            url="jdbc:derby:${catalina.home}/database/archiva;create=true"
> > />
> >
> >  <Resource name="mail/Session" auth="Container"
> >            type="javax.mail.Session"
> >            mail.smtp.host="localhost"/>
> >  </Context>

Yes, I think you need to set the catalina.home environment variable.

Thanks,
Deng