archiva-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Functional question relating to Maven central...
Date Fri, 02 Sep 2011 05:28:10 GMT

On 02/09/2011, at 9:57 AM, Jeff wrote:

> I have my shiney new Archiva server up (at least I can log into the web
> interface and mess with the settings) and it looks like there are proxy
> connectors to central and java.net repositories by default.
>
> After searching the docs I'm still fuzzy how the wiring between central and
> java.net repositories works and I don't get any search results for artifacts
> that should be in central.
>
>   - Should I be able to search Archiva for artifacts in central or java.net,
>   even if they haven't been cached yet?
>      - If so, how do I trigger Archiva to update indexes from these
>      repositories?

As Wendy said, not at this stage - but we are working on it.

>   - I tried hitting the default URL for maven central and the
> java.netrepositories.  The maven central url (
>   http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/) shows a message stating that browsing for
>   that directory has been disabled and provides a link to the new "search" and
>   "view" page.
>      - Is there a new URL?  Will this affect Archiva?

No, individual artifact requests still work as they did. Archiva appears much the same as
Maven to the remote system.

>   - Does Archiva only cache artifacts from Central if they have been
>   requested or does it try to pull all of them at some point?

Only as requested - there's far too much stuff there that you'll never need.

> Any clarification on how wiring up Archiva to provide access to central/
> java.net is achieved is much appreciated.

With the default configuration, you should just need to start requesting artefacts with Maven
and it will proxy them in.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter