archiva-users mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: archiva not response
Date Tue, 09 Aug 2011 13:24:37 GMT
On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 3:22 PM, Qian, Yi <yqian@ku.edu> wrote:
> We are using archiva as our local maven repository for over a year, today we having problem
of accessing our local archiva repository. Browser window returns unable connected message.
archiva status command returns Apache Archiva is running (31951). But archiva stop command
does not stop the server, I have to use kill the procedure and start it,  The archiva.log
has following messages -
> WARN  org.apache.maven.archiva.web.action.DeleteArtifactAction  - User guest(Guest)
is locked.
> org.apache.maven.archiva.security.AccessDeniedException: User guest(Guest) is locked.
> But no one uses guest account.  I looked at all the logs, could not find any clue about
the problem. Our archiva runs as standalone on RHL enterprise 5.4 server.

Try making the guest account un-lockable in security.properties and
see if that helps...

http://redback.codehaus.org/configuration.html

security.policy.unlockable.accounts
can be specified multiple times to ensure that password policies never
lock the specified account(s) (eg.
security.policy.unlockable.accounts=guest )

--
Wendy