archiva-users mailing list archives

From Dan Armbrust <daniel.armbrust.l...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Delete failure
Date Mon, 29 Aug 2011 13:36:19 GMT
On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 1:06 PM, Wendy Smoak <wsmoak@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 26, 2011 at 1:47 PM, Dan Armbrust
> <daniel.armbrust.list@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Anyway, feature requests are beside the point.  Normally the delete
>> works for me.  However, this time, while it reported that the delete
>> was successful, it in fact was not, according to the browser - as the
>> item still appeared.
>
> What url?  If it was a /browse/ url, it's possible the database hadn't
> been updated it would show without actually being there.

It was still appearing in the browse area... although I'm 99% sure I
looked at the webdav url as well, and I thought it was there too.
But I'm not positive on that.

It appears that it has partially cleaned itself up over the weekend -
it no longer appears in the browse GUI.  Though, I did notice that the
path to the file still exists in the webdav view, and there are still
metadata files there.  But the file itself is gone.  But I suspect
that is just a known implementation issue... that if you create a path
like a/b/c/, and then delete everything under c, it doesn't actually
ever delete c.

But the browse view at least doesn't show c any longer, as it doesn't
contain anything.  So that is good.

> Did you happen to check the file system to know for sure whether it
> was actually gone?

I didn't check at the time. But it is gone now.

>> So, I tried to delete it again, which ended badly:
>> Problem accessing /archiva/deleteArtifact!doDelete.action. Reason:
>>    INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR
>> Caused by:
>>
>> java.lang.NullPointerException
>
> In any case, it shouldn't do that.  Are you able to reproduce it?

Yea, it would happen over and over again at the time.  But it appears
that a maintenance task has cleaned it up since then.

The version is 1.3.4.  Someday, maybe I'll get back to current :)