archiva-users mailing list archives

From "J.V." <jvsr...@gmail.com>
Subject Is Archiva possible to install and use under the latest version of Tomcat?
Date Sat, 27 Aug 2011 08:40:43 GMT
How do I install Archiva under Tomcat 7.0.20 and then hit:

     http://localhost:8080/archiva

?

I would like to have a chat session with someone who has done this.  I
have spent the last three hours reading every document out there on the
subject and still there are problems.

Simply pointing me to a web url or saying "try this" will not work, I
have already done it.

This is very, very frustrating and really should not be any more
difficult than copying a war to /webapps/
and hitting:
     http://localhost:8080/archiva

This boggles the mind as to why it is not as simple as this.  How do I
join the project and school the developers on the importance of making
the product actually installable the way most people would expect to use it.

very frustrated and I would appreciate someone's help.

I can chat on gtalk.

J.V.