archiva-users mailing list archives

From Jarrod Roberson <jar...@vertigrated.com>
Subject Why can't I get my archetype to deploy as a maven-archetype instead of a jar?
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 00:00:41 GMT
I created an archetype project with mvn archetype:create-from-project and
the first three all deploy to archiva 1.3.4 correctly.

The most recent archetype I generated, only deploys as a jar and mvn
archetype:crawl refuses to pick it up. The only difference is this project
is a rpm project.

Here is what the relevant parts of my pom.xml look like. Exactly copied from
the other working pom.xml that deploy correctly.

mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeCatalog=local also shows this project as
an option correctly.

Why won't Archiva let me upload it as a packging maven-archetype?

    <groupId>com.itaas.maven</groupId>
    <artifactId>tomcat-srpm-archetype</artifactId>
    <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
    <packaging>maven-archetype</packaging>

    <name>Stand Alone Tomcat RPM Starter Project</name>

    <build>
        <extensions>
            <extension>
                <groupId>org.apache.maven.archetype</groupId>
                <artifactId>archetype-packaging</artifactId>
                <version>2.0</version>
            </extension>
        </extensions>

        <pluginManagement>
            <plugins>
                <plugin>
                    <artifactId>maven-archetype-plugin</artifactId>
                    <version>2.0</version>
                </plugin>

                <plugin>
                    <artifactId>maven-release-plugin</artifactId>
                    <version>2.1</version>
                    <configuration>
                        <!-- During release:perform, enable the "release"
profile -->
                        <releaseProfiles>release</releaseProfiles>
                    </configuration>
                </plugin>
            </plugins>
        </pluginManagement>