archiva-users mailing list archives

From Cristiano Costantini <cristiano.costant...@gmail.com>
Subject Archiva very slow -
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 14:50:56 GMT
Hello all,
I've set up Archiva as a mirror for many "Remote Repositories", which I've
then aggregated into two different Repository Proxy Connector (one called
"External", which holds famous repositories like maven central, jboss,
apache, and one called "Temp", which holds repositories I do not trust
completely and which I want to supervise which actual artifact I need, I
find on them).

The two are then grouped into a single Repository Group called public, so
that I mirror all to my http://localhost:9081/archiva/repository/public/ on
my maven settings.xml.

Well,
if with this configuration I try the procedure described at page 54 of the
Book "Apache Maven 2: Effective Implementation" (cit. "Let's rebuild the
project again with a clean local repository. We will delete the contents of
our <user_home>./m2/book-repository local repository and then package our
project. So, how did our build go now? For me it took just 13 seconds!"),
for me also the second build is very long!!

I inspected with wireshark the server on which I've installed Archiva, and
I've seen it sends lots of HTTP requests to the remote repositories which
extremely slow down the build!!!  But I think I've set correctly archiva to
cache all release artifacts and download them only once...:-(

any "Proxy Connector" is set with:

Return error when:     always
Cache failures:           yes
Releases:                   once
On remote error:        stop
Checksum:                fix
Snapshots:                never

(I want stable builds, I want only release artifacts! ;-) )

Two Important things I've noticed: all the request done by archiva lead to
404 Bad Request responses (then, archiva returns a cached artifact to the
maven process) and if a disable all the proxy connectors, then yes the build
is fast!

Anyone can help me on configuring Archiva to do not repeat any type of
request to remote servers (for releases) at all?
Could you point me out on which relevant configuration parameter I can send
you to investigate if I'm doing something wrong?

I'm using archiva 1.3.5.
Thank you very much,

Cristiano