archiva-users mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: redback/ldap
Date Sat, 02 Apr 2011 01:42:55 GMT
On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 6:47 PM, Kurt Yoder <kyoder@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to get authentication for my existing LDAP users to work in Archiva. However
my setup does not use an administrative user and bind password; instead my defined LDAP users
have a SHA1-hashed password that should be used for authentication. The redback documentation
seems to hint it *might* be possible, but frankly I don't understand it, and it seems out
of date. Is my kind of LDAP setup supported?

> Incidentally, the redback site I looked up for configuration help (http://redback.codehaus.org/integration/ldap.html)
was last updated over two years ago, and the mailing lists seem similarly dead. Did the project
get renamed and move elsewhere? Or worse, did it die out completely?

It's not completely dead, they've even done a couple of releases
recently:  http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/codehaus/redback/redback/
.   Coming from mostly Apache projects it's strange to me not to see
discussion, release votes, and announcements, but Codehaus doesn't
have the same rules.  If you look at the scm@redback list, that's
where all the activity (JIRA and commits) is.

Ping the Redback dev list and see if someone can update the website.
Here's the source of the page you mentioned, you can see if anything
has changed since it was last published:
http://svn.codehaus.org/redback/redback-site/trunk/src/site/apt/integration/ldap.apt

I don't know the answer to your original question though.  I've
managed to get it minimally working against ApacheDS, but nothing more
complicated than that.

--
Wendy