archiva-users mailing list archives

From Chris Anders <Chris.And...@velsys.com>
Subject ldap guest user must exist ?
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2011 08:33:38 GMT
Hi All,

After running archiva for years with no dramas I decided to build a new archiva box against
our companies new AD only to find im having problems with the guest user :(

I thought the guest user account had become a virtual account when using ldap?? Ie it didn't
have to exist?

I tried setting redback.default.guest=<valid account> in conf/security.properties but
this didn't help (believe this option has been removed??)

For now ive done a workaround of creating the uid guest in our ldap, selecting my guest options
and then removing the guest user from the ldap.

Im running the standalone build 1.3.4 against java version 1.6.0_21

Am I missing something here having not setup archiva in a long time, or have I stumbled on
a bug in 1.3.4 ??

Cheers,

Chris