archiva-users mailing list archives

From Nathan Hokanson <nhokanson.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject A couple of issues with 1.3.1.
Date Wed, 16 Mar 2011 16:23:00 GMT
Hello,

I have a couple issues with an Archiva 1.3.1 installation that I was hoping
to get some input on.

First issue:
I am trying to load a jar file into the repository.  I have tried using the
mvn deploy:deploy-file method as suggested as well as the Upload GUI.  When
I attempt with the mvn command I end up getting a 502 error, but the only
log message I see pertaining to the upload is this:

 Unable to find 'struts.multipart.saveDir' property setting. Defaulting to
javax.servlet.context.tempdir.

If I attempt to use the Upload page it just hangs there after clicking
upload.  Eventually the browser will timeout saying the server didn't return
a response within the time limit.

Just for fun I installed 1.3.4, copied over the data directories as
described in the docs and started it.  I was able to upload the file!  I was
excited until I noticed that the repository was not pointing to the correct
area on disk.  I changed the repository location, and again was unable to
upload the jar.  That made me think it might be a permissions issue. I
checked the permissions, but they are ok on disk.  The process is run as
root, so it shouldn't be a issue.

Any thoughts?  Need more info?

Second issue:
We had been using the repository just fine for a while now, but after
installing 1.3.4, seeing it didn't fix the issues, and reverting back to
1.3.1 we are sometimes seeing mvn install commands fail with a "Failed to
read artifact descriptor" with a 500 server error.  The strange thing about
this is that when putting the url it failed on into a browser, the url
returns the pom just fine.

Sometimes we also see a 404 "Resource not found" when it exists on the
disk.  This is especially true of the pom file of the jar I attempted to
load in issue 1.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nathan Hokanson