archiva-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 100 %cpu usage
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2011 08:46:52 GMT
There was an issue before 1.3.3 about this at the end of a scan that should have been fixed.
Do you get anything after the last horizontal rule?

It might be that your index is very large (though it shouldn't be for these repository sizes).
What is the size of the .index and .indexer directories?

What do you see on the system status page during the high CPU usage?

Thanks,
Brett

On 08/02/2011, at 7:13 PM, Benjamin Knoth wrote:

> 
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
> Hash: SHA1
> 
> Hi all,
> we use Archiva and we have problems with our cpu usage.
> If i restart archiva everything is running fine. After 3-6 hours the
> java process of archiva use 100% of the cpu from one to the next
> moment. We had this problem on Archiva 1.3.1 and 1.3.3. On Archiva
> 1.3.1 it came after the 3-5 times where the db artefacts were updated.
> The snapshot repository need 12 minutes. I deleted some snapshots.
> Lasst week we updated it to 1.3.3 and now i can't find something
> important on log. On the last 100% usage problem i got a message from
> nagios the usage of cpu is critcal at 7:43 o'clock, but in the log i
> found only this messages.
> 
> 2011-02-08 07:00:13,123 [pool-2-thread-1] INFO
> org.apache.maven.archiva.repositor
> y.scanner.RepositoryScannerInstance  - Walk Started: [snapshots]
> /data/archiva/rep
> ositories/snapshots
> 2011-02-08 07:00:15,778 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
> org.apache.maven.archiva.scheduled
> .executors.ArchivaDatabaseUpdateTaskExecutor  - Task: Updating
> processed artifacts
> 2011-02-08 07:00:18,778 [pool-2-thread-1] INFO
> org.apache.maven.archiva.repositor
> y.scanner.RepositoryScannerInstance  - Walk Finished: [snapshots]
> /data/archiva/re
> positories/snapshots
> 2011-02-08 07:00:18,778 [pool-2-thread-1] INFO
> org.apache.maven.archiva.scheduled
> .executors.ArchivaRepositoryScanningTaskExecutor  - Finished
> repository task:
> .\ Scan of snapshots \.__________________________________________
>  Repository Dir    : /data/archiva/repositories/snapshots
>  Repository Name   : Archiva Managed Snapshot Repository
>  Repository Layout : default
>  Known Consumers   : (1 configured)
>                      update-db-artifact (Total: 2592ms; Avg.: 1296;
> Count: 2)
>  Invalid Consumers : <none>
>  Duration          : 5 Seconds 654 Milliseconds
>  When Gathered     : 2/8/11 7:00 AM
>  Total File Count  : 22879
>  Avg Time Per File :
> ______________________________________________________________
> 2011-02-08 07:00:49,254 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
> org.apache.maven.archiva.scheduled
> .executors.ArchivaDatabaseUpdateTaskExecutor  - Finished database task
> in 49230ms.
> 2011-02-08 08:00:00,022 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
> org.apache.maven.archiva.scheduled
> .executors.ArchivaDatabaseUpdateTaskExecutor  - Executing task from
> queue with job
> name: DatabaseTask
> 2011-02-08 08:00:00,022 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
> org.apache.maven.archiva.scheduled
> .executors.ArchivaDatabaseUpdateTaskExecutor  - Task: Updating
> unprocessed artifac
> ts
> 2011-02-08 08:00:00,046 [pool-2-thread-1] INFO
> org.apache.maven.archiva.scheduled
> .executors.ArchivaRepositoryScanningTaskExecutor  - Executing task
> from queue with
> job name: RepositoryTask [repositoryId=internal, resourceFile=null,
> scanAll=false
> , updateRelatedArtifacts=false]
> 2011-02-08 08:00:00,119 [pool-2-thread-1] INFO
> org.apache.maven.archiva.repositor
> y.scanner.RepositoryScannerInstance  - Walk Started: [internal]
> /data/archiva/repo
> sitories/internal
> 2011-02-08 08:00:02,229 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
> org.apache.maven.archiva.scheduled
> .executors.ArchivaDatabaseUpdateTaskExecutor  - Task: Updating
> processed artifacts
> 2011-02-08 08:00:10,753 [pool-2-thread-1] INFO
> org.apache.maven.archiva.repositor
> y.scanner.RepositoryScannerInstance  - Walk Finished: [internal]
> /data/archiva/rep
> ositories/internal
> 2011-02-08 08:00:10,753 [pool-2-thread-1] INFO
> org.apache.maven.archiva.scheduled
> .executors.ArchivaRepositoryScanningTaskExecutor  - Finished
> repository task:
> .\ Scan of internal \.__________________________________________
>  Repository Dir    : /data/archiva/repositories/internal
>  Repository Name   : Archiva Managed Internal Repository
>  Repository Layout : default
>  Known Consumers   : (1 configured)
>                      update-db-artifact
>  Invalid Consumers : <none>
>  Duration          : 10 Seconds 634 Milliseconds
>  When Gathered     : 2/8/11 8:00 AM
>  Total File Count  : 55540
>  Avg Time Per File :
> ______________________________________________________________
> 
> What should i do to resolve this problem.
> 
> Best regards
> 
> Benjamin
> 
> 
> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
> Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)
> Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/
> 
> iQIcBAEBAgAGBQJNUPs+AAoJEALVkoFaZmWjK/4QAKEU4TbPjTfmqbPbpUC5Wfxp
> ivZ9epIlwX5DkMVj73weIdTC0Xs2JL/qx6smdM9EN0npe+LYSqOFle+1QAkJFc9t
> w6XyUSy0YvIkNHKy0HmNxJyiII9/DXdnfnmawfYBrPB2XUbR1aRmqTsH9Wo7uy3K
> NP2x1KaAGTZkMHpB8lBH2wVn4Z/eKjbU9+OX0XspmWp3ukheCC8GgJuv4zmbH22E
> Yu3vjwOkKfCV7LkE0Gnq0BFrdn3J9xOEodOQWXB2au6UCpIQa1eYSh2oorRMoajR
> 5DEkTjYsy44YLLHIl8m7xUQMmVXyLx49dwsB1kdHXxpO5PKyI/jYFhc+nP1qRiAZ
> h1zHQZvVklBrFRTWb4GfIE0IL9oUubWQlXHtq5QAR+C1uIJSdIvX1KePaRN2EA1k
> lYh/wZ4kYlvcU/1UAhyfP79eDJgQcnyGrk9ZJeFWJ9+KkvJ5CFoajjlYlP3SECP3
> Y0xSOneJo0VWWbKAv4EycJ9Amk2DjenUpmndU7qazXj+v/C7z6mKHxtz6VeOQu2X
> 8n0gi99VUQ3EcOBlrAI+ccv8/45vKNHNGiamoTnnNAbCwXDjJXBHU9mY2IxXYVPt
> 9R4Gd6WaJsk0tHLK4h3U9NgywJObzWcAUHqJEx2s+br3ptgidA843HP27FHvTJyG
> 8+Yjn5db9IrK1nkOHNWV
> =IRy/
> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
> 

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org
http://brettporter.wordpress.com/
http://au.linkedin.com/in/brettporter





Mime
View raw message