archiva-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: error uploading artifact with really long ID's
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2011 23:52:04 GMT

On 09/02/2011, at 3:25 AM, Charles Brown wrote:

> I'm having a problem uploading one artifact of my build into Archiva 1.3.1.  I've checked
all the settings, and am confident this is not a permissions, settings.xml or pom.xml issue.
 I suspect it's an issue with the groupID/artifactId, which are really long - 98 and 79 chars
respectively.

> The log shows a PUT of the artifact jar, which gets a response of 401, then 500.
>
> Afterward, the archiva repository folder contains the jar, and it's the right size. It
even cksum's.

> The URL of the put is 319 characters long.
>
> I suspect that once the jar has been copied into place, archiva is trying to update its
database, but that the artifact name exceeds the database schema?

> Is there a length limitation on the ID's?

Yes, it's currently 250 for group IDs and 80 for artifact IDs, so this should just be in range.

Anything in the logs to indicate the exception causing the 500?

The 401 should be for other reasons - again, the logs should show something that correlates
to that.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter