archiva-users mailing list archives

From Chris Mylonas <ch...@opencsta.org>
Subject Working through PacktPub book - 1.0-SNAPSHOT pom.xml file cannot be found
Date Fri, 28 Jan 2011 04:40:36 GMT
Hello Archiva Users (I've since subscribed to the list and re-posting -
didn't seem to work the first time on the web interface),

I've been working my way through the "Effective Implementation" Maven book
setting up my repository for the opencsta project for 2011.
I'm having trouble downloading the 1.0-SNAPSHOT of any version I've
uploaded.

Here's some info in case anyone can shed any light.

I'm using archiva-1.3.3 with tomcat-6.0.20

The artifact I want to download is here:
http://tour.opencsta.org:8080/archiva/browse/org.opencsta/communications/1.0-SNAPSHOT

My pom.xml defines the repository and the snippet archiva gives me at the
above link is included in the dependencies.

<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/POM/4.0.0" xmlns:xsi="
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
  <groupId>org.opencsta</groupId>
  <artifactId>test</artifactId>
  <packaging>jar</packaging>
  <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
  <name>test</name>
  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <releases>
        <enabled>false</enabled>
        <updatePolicy>always</updatePolicy>
        <checksumPolicy>warn</checksumPolicy>
      </releases>
      <snapshots>
        <enabled>true</enabled>
        <updatePolicy>never</updatePolicy>
        <checksumPolicy>fail</checksumPolicy>
      </snapshots>
      <id>opencsta</id>
      <name>Open CSTA SNAPSHOTS</name>
      <url>http://tour.opencsta.org:8080/archiva/repository/snapshots</url>
      <layout>default</layout>
    </repository>
  </repositories>

  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <groupId>org.opencsta</groupId>
      <artifactId>communications</artifactId>
      <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>
</project>

But I'm getting this from the mvn command

Downloading:
http://tour.opencsta.org:8080/archiva/repository/snapshots/org/opencsta/communications/1.0-SNAPSHOT/communications-1.0-SNAPSHOT.pom
[INFO] Unable to find resource
'org.opencsta:communications:pom:1.0-SNAPSHOT' in repository opencsta (
http://tour.opencsta.org:8080/archiva/repository/snapshots)

The file communications-1.0-SNAPSHOT.
pom does not exist which I thought archiva would have made automatically.
Here is the listing of that directory, and it's got the timestamped version
of the jar file:
http://tour.opencsta.org:8080/archiva/repository/snapshots/org/opencsta/communications/1.0-SNAPSHOT/

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers