archiva-users mailing list archives

From Igor Galić <i.ga...@brainsware.org>
Subject Re: Redback configuration
Date Wed, 26 Jan 2011 17:18:42 GMT

----- "Brent Atkinson" <batkinson@apache.org> wrote:

> > Additionally there is the fact that admins are inherently lazy.
> > I'd rather hack away for 3 days on something until it works as
> > expected/can be automated/integrated than do it manually.
>

> Ouch! I hope there are no hard working admins subscribed here, there
> might be a rebellion.

The lazy Admin in question is me ;)

> Is Wendy's scenario what you're facing? My guess is that you're just
> trying
> to invert the management model from application-level to
> directory-level.

If I understand Wendy's scenario correctly, she's dealing with
way more projects and team members to each project than I am.

So.. I should probably just be less lazy ;)

[snip]
> > > If you want to see how things fit together in the user database,
> > > have SchemaSpy output posted here:
> > > http://wsmoak.net/redback/schemaspy/1.2.1/SA/index.html

Right now (while migrating from the old system) we have *one* dedicated
user which does deployments.

I'm wondering if there's a way to: make sure that user doesn't get locked
and doesn't have to change it's password every 60~ days.

Igor Galić

Tel: +43 (0) 664 886 22 883
Mail: i.galic@brainsware.org