archiva-users mailing list archives

From Steven Siebert <smsi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Export/import of repositories?
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2010 23:55:38 GMT

> > As far as archiva configuration goes, I really shouldn't need to do
> anything
> > with this since I have running instances of Archiva already, right?  Will
> > having scanning enabled on the target instance detect the new repository
> > structure and become a managed repository (ie start assigning users and
> able
> > to access it)?
>
> Not quite - you'll still need to have the managed repository configuration
> and user permissions for it established. You can copy the config snippet
> from archiva.xml to archiva.xml - but if you're doing this regularly it'd be
> best to help implement a migration feature for it.

If I don't make repo configuration changes from source to destination
(assuming they are in sync), I assume I wouldn't need to modify my
archiva.xml file, right?  For example, if I have repos named the same on
source and destination, importing via a file copy mechanism should work as
long as I have scanning enabled, right?

Even still, I think an import/export (and perhaps "cloning"?) migration
feature might be helpful, so I can do everything from the web browser.
 Unlike I experience with Artifactory, where I must export to a server-local
filesystem location, I would prefer to click export and download a
dynamically generated zip file, and simply import on the other instance(s).
  I think an optional "export configuration" and "export users" for the
selected repositories would complete the use cases for a migration.

I'll go over my requirements once more and then submit an issue ticket and
work on a patch.  This would be quite helpful for folks like me that have to
work on separate enclaves (ie, government customers, banks, etc).

What do you think?

Thanks for all your help,