archiva-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Export/import of repositories?
Date Thu, 11 Nov 2010 21:46:15 GMT

On 11/11/2010, at 10:33 PM, Steven Siebert wrote:

> Hi Brett,
>
> Thanks for the speedy reply.
>
> Yes, I believe your explanation works - but let me just make sure =).  The
> easiest way to move a repository from one instance to another is to copy the
> filesystem structure for that repository and have scanning enabled on the
> destination instance.  Is this correct? (I can't use rsync, since the
> instances are on separate enclaves)

Correct.

> As far as archiva configuration goes, I really shouldn't need to do anything
> with this since I have running instances of Archiva already, right?  Will
> having scanning enabled on the target instance detect the new repository
> structure and become a managed repository (ie start assigning users and able
> to access it)?

Not quite - you'll still need to have the managed repository configuration and user permissions
for it established. You can copy the config snippet from archiva.xml to archiva.xml - but
if you're doing this regularly it'd be best to help implement a migration feature for it.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org