archiva-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Upgrading from 1.1
Date Thu, 09 Sep 2010 00:19:53 GMT
If you're using the standalone bundle, I recommend following the steps to separate the configuration
so that upgrades in future don't require copying the data around too.

Cheers,
Brett

On 09/09/2010, at 4:00 AM, Shelley, Ryan wrote:

> Just to follow-up, I have completed my upgrade from 1.1 to 1.3.1 without problems.
>
> I shut down Archiva, backed up my data directory, removed the "archiva" database directory,
removed the ".index" directories in the repositories, untarred the new archiva release, copied
only the "archiva.xml" configuration over, moved the data directory over, then restarted Archiva.
 After restart, I re-ran the Repository Scans and Database Scan to rebuild the indexes and
clean things up.  Maven builds seem to be running just fine against the new version.

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org