archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Shelley, Ryan" <Ryan.Shel...@disney.com>
Subject RE: Upgrading from 1.1
Date Wed, 08 Sep 2010 00:39:21 GMT
Would I have to re-configure everything after the upgrade?  Repositories and Users, etc?

-Ryan

-----Original Message-----
From: Wendy Smoak [mailto:wsmoak@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2010 5:37 PM
To: users@archiva.apache.org
Subject: Re: Upgrading from 1.1

On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 7:35 PM, Shelley, Ryan <Ryan.Shelley@disney.com> wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> I'm reading up on how to upgrade from 1.1 to 1.3.1.  We currently have a problem where
snapshots aren't being removed and I read that a bug was fixed to address this.
> However, the documentation to upgrade to 1.3 is a little vague regarding updating the
field lengths in the derby DB.  I'm following the documentation here:
> http://archiva.apache.org/docs/1.3.1/adminguide/upgrade.html

By far the easiest thing to do is just delete the database and let
Archiva re-create it.  (I think you need to delete the entire
directory, not just the contents.)  Will that work for you?

--
Wendy