archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Timothy Mcginnis" <tmcgi...@aessuccess.org>
Subject no matching permissions
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2010 14:56:20 GMT
I have been using archiva for 2 years.  I have just set up another
instance for testing.  I have a user that is assigned the System
Administrator role and I am trying to release a project.  When it goes to
load the artifact to Archiva I get a 401 error.  In the archiva.log file I
see the following

2010-08-27 10:51:10,074 [btpool0-2] INFO
org.apache.maven.archiva.security.ArchivaServletAuthenticator  -
Authorization Denied
[ip=10.10.41.86,permission=archiva-upload-repository,repo=internal] : no
matching permissions

Using the same user I can upload the same artifact through the browser
interface.

Using the same username and password I can deploy the project to the
snapshot repo.

Here is the settings.xml portion.

<server>
                        <id>archiva.internal</id>
                        <username>john</username>
                        <password>welcome2</password>
                </server>
                <server>
                        <id>archiva.snapshots</id>
                        <username>john</username>
                        <password>welcome2</password>
                </server>
                <server>
                        <id>archiva.universe</id>
                        <username>john</username>
                        <password>welcome2</password>
                </server>

Here is the distributionManagement portion from my project.

        <distributionManagement>
                <repository>
                        <id>archiva.internal</id>
                        <name>Internal Release Repository</name>
                        <url>
http://2e02057b.aessuccess.org:8085/archiva/repository/internal/</url>
                </repository>
                <snapshotRepository>
                        <id>archiva.snapshots</id>
                        <name>Internal Snapshot Repository</name>
                        <url>
http://2e02057b.aessuccess.org:8085/archiva/repository/snapshots/</url>
                </snapshotRepository>
        </distributionManagement>

Can anybody see what I am doing wrong?

Tim McGinnis
717 720-1962
Web Development
AES/PHEAA
This message contains privileged and confidential information intended for the above addressees
only.  If you
receive this message in error please delete or destroy this message and/or attachments.

The sender of this message will fully cooperate in the civil and criminal prosecution of any
individual engaging
in the unauthorized use of this message.