archiva-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Need help cleaning up managed repositories on Archiva 1.1.3
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2010 04:33:57 GMT
There are several things to attend to here.

If you are concerned about root owning the files, you should look into running Archiva as
a different user (in the standalone bundle, see RUN_AS_USER in the bin/archiva file).

If you are concerned about anonymous uploads, you need to remove the "manager" roles from
the guest account, and allocate it to the users that should have permission to upload.

Recent versions of archiva contain a UI button for managers to delete artifacts by filling
in a form.

Finally, the purge configuration you've set only applies to snapshots. To ensure it is enabled,
you need to check that it is turned on in the "Repository Scanning" configuration page, and
then restart the server. You can run a "scan repository now" with "process all artifacts"
(requires upgrading to a new version to be available) from the repositories page on the snapshot
repository to force it to do a clean up.

Hope that helps,
Brett

On 11/08/2010, at 7:37 AM, Rosenfeld, David X -ND wrote:

> We have an Archiva server (running version 1.1.3) that is out of disk space.  It has
two managed repositories, "internal" and "snapshots".

> The "internal" repository is a Maven 2.x repository, with Purge By Days Older Than =
30, Purge By Retention Count = 2.  Releases Included is checked, Snapshots Included is unchecked,
Scannable is checked, Delete Released Snapshots is unchecked.  The cron for this repository
is "0  0  *  *  * ?".

> The "snapshots" repository is a Maven 2.x repository, with Purge By Days Older Than =
3, Purge By Retention Count = 3.  Releases Included is unchecked, Snapshots Included is checked,
Scannable is checked, Delete Released Snapshots is unchecked.  The cron for this repository
is "0  0,30  * * * ?".

> There are only two users defined, "admin" (which has the System Administrator role) and
"guest" (which has Global Repository Manager and Local Repository Manager roles).

> As far as I can tell, the builds that are uploading artifacts to this repository are
doing so essentially anonymously.  All of the files in the Archiva repository file tree are
owned by root.  I am unable to get a "Delete Artifact" button in the web GUI for any artifact
at all.  It appears that my only way of cleaning up disk space on this server would be to
delete files from the tree via the command line.

> I would like to find a better way to delete (and also manage) the older artifacts in
these repositories.  I'm very new at this, so any and all help is welcome.

--
Brett Porter
brett@apache.org