archiva-users mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: `mvn deploy' failed
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2010 04:58:58 GMT

On 08/07/2010, at 1:46 PM, Olivier Dehon wrote:

> I am getting these kinds of metadata corruption all the time.
>
> It seems to be linked to concurrent writes by mvn deploy (from
> Continuum) and the Archiva "consumers" to fix the metadata. Notably,
> after a release, the first snapshot build seems to get this "corrupted
> metadata" error a lot, which I would link to the Archiva consumer that
> deletes snapshots of released versions.

This is a possibility we should investigate.

Have you tried adjusting the scanning & build schedules to ensure they don't conflict?

> Another investigative track I am trying to follow is the potential
> discrepancy between the metadata model used by maven 2.2.1 (and its
> associated deploy plugin) and the one used by Archiva 1.2.x.

This was a problem in Maven 2.1.0 and Archiva 1.1.3 (Maven started writing namespace &
xml headers Archiva wasn't prepared for), but shouldn't be an issue with newer versions of
either in use.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter