archiva-users mailing list archives

From "Charles Brown" <charles.br...@sensis.com>
Subject archiva proxy failure question
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2010 16:27:28 GMT
All,

    This should be simple, but (new to archiva) I'm chasing my tail.

    I installed Archiva, configured a proxy, and set the proxy
connectors for both the Central Repository and the Java.net Repository
for Maven 2.  I configured my maven 2 settings.xml to lock down my
archiva as mirrorOf *.

    When I do a maven compile, Archiva proxies everything from Central,
but not one dependency from Java.net

172.21.5.217 -  -  [09/Jul/2010:16:16:08 +0000] "GET
/archiva/repository/internal/org/jdesktop/appframework/1.0.3/appframework-1.0.3.pom
HTTP/1.1" 404 1475 "-" "Apache-Maven/2.2 (Java 1.6.0_20; Linux
2.6.32-23-generic) maven-artifact/2.2.1"

    The files do exist at java.net, i.e., at
http://download.java.net/maven/2/org/jdesktop/appframework/1.0.3/

    I do notice the Central repo configuration has a White List of
"**/*", whereas the Java.net has a few entries.  Is the fact that the
Java.Net whitelist does not have "org/jdesktop/**" the issue?

--CB
-
This message is intended only for the addressee and may contain information that is company
confidential or privileged.  Any technical data in this message may be exported only in accordance
with the U.S. International Traffic in Arms Regulations (22 CFR Parts 120-130) or the Export
Administration Regulations (15 CFR Parts 730-774). Unauthorized use is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, or the person responsible for
delivering to the intended recipient, you should not read, copy, disclose or otherwise use
this message. If you have received this email in error, please delete it, and advise the sender
immediately.
-