archiva-users mailing list archives

From Olivier Dehon <odn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: `mvn deploy' failed
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2010 23:08:42 GMT
On Thu, 2010-07-08 at 14:58 +1000, Brett Porter wrote:
> On 08/07/2010, at 1:46 PM, Olivier Dehon wrote:
>
> > I am getting these kinds of metadata corruption all the time.
> >
> > It seems to be linked to concurrent writes by mvn deploy (from
> > Continuum) and the Archiva "consumers" to fix the metadata. Notably,
> > after a release, the first snapshot build seems to get this "corrupted
> > metadata" error a lot, which I would link to the Archiva consumer that
> > deletes snapshots of released versions.
>
> This is a possibility we should investigate.
>
> Have you tried adjusting the scanning & build schedules to ensure they don't conflict?

As a matter of fact, after a bit more analysis on this issue (getting
forced builds only), it seems that Archiva is the sole culprit for the
corruption, and it doesn't seem linked to concurrency between continuum
deploys and Archiva metadata "fixing", but more like Archiva is
corrupting the metadata all by itself.

And in all cases that I have seen so far, this happens after the first
snapshot build that follows a release... The metadata file that gets
corrupted is the one that sits next to the "version" folders, not the
one next to the .pom and .jar files.

It is hard to give more info as the issue happens randomly, but
definitely too often for it to be a mere concurrency issue. Or maybe
concurrency between 2 different consumers within Archiva.

Thanks for your insights.
-Olivier