archiva-users mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using archiva for setting up a corporate dev environment
Date Sat, 29 May 2010 18:57:26 GMT
On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 10:37 AM, Pankaj Tandon <pankajtandon@gmail.com> wrote:
> I posted my experience in using Archiva as a Repository manager for setting
> up a corporate development environment here:
> http://nayidisha.com/techblog/using-archiva-for-setting-up-a-corporate-development-environment

Nice work, thanks!

How do you control what gets into production builds?  Having the
remote repos separate is good, but once things get into the local
repository, they are available to any build.

Also, are you really able to get a binary "approved" or "not approved"
decision on every artifact?  IME it's more complex than that, and an
artifact may be approved for one team/application but not for another.

(You might want to take a look at the discussion about repository
staging and promotion on the developers list.  It should allow you to
copy artifacts from one repo to another through the Web UI.  It's
intended to stage and promote a release, so I'm not sure this use case
would be covered initially, but it's a similar concept.)

--
Wendy