archiva-users mailing list archives

From Mauro Gatti <mauro.l...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: HTTP Status 404
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2010 07:46:46 GMT
Thank You Brent.
I was misled by the spelling and by some path errors.
Now all works fine.

Regards

Mauro

________________________________
From: Brent Atkinson <batkinson@usm.maine.edu>
To: users@archiva.apache.org
Sent: Fri, April 9, 2010 1:20:47 PM
Subject: Re: HTTP Status 404

Mauro,

It's difficult to guess what this might be based on the information you have provided. For
future reference, giving more specific information about what you have done and what you are
seeing will help us out. In turn we can help you more.
For example, think about including directory listings, contents of config files and commands
typed.

I think your issue may be caused by one of the following:

* Check your spelling of archiva (not archivia)
* The war probably should be placed outside of webapps unless you're auto-deploying (which
will vary from the installation instructions)
* The context.xml file should be located in $CATALINA_HOME/conf/Catalina/localhost/archiva.xml
and should point to the war file

I'd suggest going back to the instructions and make sure that you followed them exactly as
written. My experience has been that the installation instructions work flawlessly.

Hope this helps,

Brent

>>> Mauro Gatti  04/09/10 6:03 AM >>>
Hi all,
I'm trying to install archivia using tomcat.
I copied the libraries needed for tomcat in tomcat library directory.
I created the context.xml file as suggested in the docs in $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/archivia/META-INF
directory.
I placed the .war file where specified in context.xml ( $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/archivia ).
I set -Dappserver.home=$CATALINA_HOME -Dappserver.base=$CATALINA_HOME when tomcat starts.
Despite this, I got error 404 without any other error messages in catalina.out.
I'm not able to find any archivia log file.
looking at tomcat manager application archivia seems to be deployed normally.

I don't know how to understand what is wrong.

Could you help me?
Thank You

Regards

Mauro